Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things I Don't Understand.

Song: Chelsea Dagger
Artist: The Fratellis
For some reason, I seem to encounter things that I just don't think should happen to a person. I'm not feeling well, so to make me feel better, this blog is going to be dedicated to things I just don't understand. You all know about the crazy things that have happened before... Well, this is just a watered down version of what's been happening lately.

1. I'm in the car, doing my 6:20 AM commute to FIU. I'm eating honey nut cheerios (good way to lower cholesterol). All of the sudden, I get the urge to sneeze. I try to hold it back and swallow the rest of my food, but it's too late. I lift my head quickly and open my eyes (which is the scariest 2 seconds ever while driving) and notice a nice coat of spit covered cheerios on my windshield. On top of this, I have done the same with water, cheetos, and BK french fries (in completely separate times, of course). Clearly, I should stop eating in the car... but my impatience and love for food keep me from doing so.

2. I'm sick today. I don't know whether it was the breakfast I cooked, or the not leaving my computer screen for a couple of hours (I've been studying for my anatomy exam)... but I feel like puking. So what do I do? I break the cardinal rule of being sick to your stomach. I go out and buy an ice cream sundae (NEVER have lactose when sick to your stomach). I don't know what it is, but I just felt like comfort food might make me better. Well, while walking out of the DQ, the wind started blowing while my hand was conveniently next to my head while getting in the car. My hair got covered in ice cream. (way to go). I do, however, feel a little bit better! *BTW, I left the ice cream on till I got home for blog's sake. Didn't have a camera with me when it happened. I've also experienced this with lipgloss (or chapstick), and someone someone else's mouth (as in the wind blows my hair in their mouth while walking).

3. I'm in Microbiology class. It's all sunny outside when I get in and beautiful as can be. When I get out, the sky is black and menacing. I got a plastic bag from the Panther Stop and covered my laptop bag, then ran for dear life across campus. Needless to say, since it was such a nice day and all, I decided earlier to wear a white t-shirt. You can imagine how that went over. After about 3 steps I was drenched from head to toe. A guy who was lighting a smoke under someone's open trunk looked at me and nodded with a ridiculous smile on his face. LAME. I have a feeling an umbrella wouldn't have done me any good anyways. When I got in my car, I watched helpless students try to turn their inside-out umbrellas back to normal. They got soaked just as bad. Ike owes me, as well as Amanda, a new pair of shoes.

4. Lately, I've been cutting back on the foods I love (everything awesome and bad for you) and have been working out. I have been faithful to the gym every day after class. My first day back was horrendous. I was super sore the next day. After about a week, though, my body adjusted. I've been happy that I feel motivated by my LGN diet to go daily. Survival without excessive junk food lies solely in my 100 calorie cheeto snacks! They're great (and small)! Anyway.   I ate a really bad for you/great tasting meal (at SAMURAI, MY FAVORITE PLACE EVER!) on Friday night and felt guilty, so I wanted to work out extra hard on Monday. Well, I get to the gym after my 7 AM class and then see people going to the door then walking away. Turns out that the gym was being used as a shelter for the people of Monroe County (who had been evacuated for hurricane Ike). Great. Extra calories PLUS no gym for a week. You can see that I gave up eating healthy for today with that nice cup of ice cream.

5. A week ago, I was working out when all of the sudden I see my school mascot working the treadmill behind me. WTF? Enough said.

These are just a few of the specific things that have happened to me. On top of those, I've been pondering why...

... Doing 100 jumping jacks hurts my legs more than doing actual weight lifting. How did that happen? I'm more sore now than ever.

... My foot falls asleep while I'm driving. My right foot! Sheesh. I usually shake it to make the tingling feeling go away, but I might get in an accident if I do that while driving.

... I can never remember that person walking down the hall who's waving at me's name... That person I went to school with for years. Ugh. My brain is failing me.

...When catchy (yet crappy) music comes on the radio (i.e., Paper Planes by MIA), I don't change it. I listen to it. (until I realize what I'm doing). The same with radio advertisements!

...FIU parking sucks so bad. I mean really, I have paid metered parking 2 times this week because there's nothing available ANYWHERE (not panther, red, blue, or gold garage. Nor CP parking or field parking. ALL GONE!)

...While I was at Samurai with my parents and Thomas, I almost got impaled with the Samurai's knife (since he was sloppy with his work and ended up throwing the knife at me by accident instead of cutting the beef on the hibachi). That was scary.

And finally... Why do I even care so much to blog about these things?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

LOL...oh brig...what am I going to do with you. I love that you too are doing the LGN diet. I feel your pain and soreness.

Anonymous said...

wow biki. i love u =P

we need to hang. i miss u

Amanda said...

dude! i need to work on my silent laugh. everyone's asleep in my house, and i just burst out laughing when i heard about your cheerios! freakin' hilarious :D
oh yeah. and my other favorite part was when you got ice cream in your hair. but not that you got ice cream in your hair... that you didn't take it out till you got home so you could take a picture.

that's awesome!